New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  08:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

They have a C2 at the shop that one of the wires coming from the main round plug on the back of the trans turned green and broke off.

The white wires all seem to be 489A, 489R, 489N, etc.

On the laptop (allison service manual) they can't seem to find these numbers. It looks like it should be wire "171" in the manual, but it's labeled "489R" on the bus.

Does anyone have a listing of these "489" numbers and where they actually go from the round plug? Most seem to go to the transmission module.

Thanks.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Please post last 7 of the serial number
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  5:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tigger2

Please post last 7 of the serial number

Tigger2,

Thanks for the reply but the bus has been repaired and has left the shop. Right now I am unable to ge the VIN #. I guess basically I was asking if there was a generic wiring diagram for this "round plug" so that it could help somebody else out down the road.

Thanks again

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The wall chart ES3213EN: 1000/2000/2400 Wiring Schematic Wall Chart is availible from allison publications for about 250.00. For a few more dollars you can get the whole trouble shooting manual from the same location or an Allison certified rebuilder near you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000