Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 '09 Vision with CAT C7 w/ARD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  11:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an active event code 3246-16, DPF temperature is high. The active regeneration was immediately disabled when the code set.
The troubleshooting information (from SIS) was followed step by step to find the root cause of the code. All tests passed. Nozzle cleaner injected. Spark plug replaced. Air System Verification Test......passed. DPF is clean. No oil leaks from the turbo. Differential pressures OK.

Any of you CAT owners have this code before? If so, what was the fix?
Is this code only reset by a dealer version of CAT ET?

I cannot force a manual regen with ET. Even the Data Log will not ignite the ARD.

My next step....take the ARD apart. After I hear from you.
Thanks in advance.

Tb4020

United States
82 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2014 :  03:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have had the temp low code set could regen with the switch under the hood but not w ET. What are your temp readings cold with key on eng off? On ours with the DPF temp to low we put two bottles of nozzle cleaner in and drove it 15 miles brought it back and forced a regen with the switch and it cleared out and got the 310 code it's been fine since. Check the temp readings cold if they check out put two bottles of nozzle cleaner in drive for 10-15 miles leave connected to ET and force a regen with the switch and use ET to monitor if the flame temp gets extremely high you probably have a plugged ARD head, chaffed wires on the temp sensors will cause false readings. Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2014 :  09:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SELL FOR SCRAP PRICE IS THE EASIEST FIX.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000