New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  1:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

We have a 2008 IC/CE here that the boys at the shop can't get the DPF light to go out on.

A forced regen was performed on it. It was then taken for a long highway drive, but the solid DPF light (above the tach) is still on.

The DPF unit was removed from under the bus and cleaned at our local International dealer.

When the unit was reinstalled, and taken for a highway drive the light will still stay on and hasn't gone out.

Any ideas? Is there a way to shut this light off?

Thanks

grandyc

United States
58 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  04:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit grandyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had this issue a couple weeks ago. The problem ended being a stuck open thermostat and it wouldn't allow the engine to get up to operating temp. This motor can't do passive regens if its not at operating temp and it would turn on the DPF light.
Go to Top of Page

grandyc

United States
58 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  04:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit grandyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you sure you are looking at the regen light and not the Mil light? They kind of look the same on these models.Did you have codes?
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  08:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could be the maintenance required light. It is set to go on at set intervals. there is a reset procedure on our buses. I will try to look it up today. Also some Maintenance required lights can only be shut of by a dealer. I believe the ESW DPF is that way.
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  09:01:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips guys. This morning our head mechanic called the IC support line. They got them to change one of the throttle control settings to "In Cab Throttle control" as opposed to "Remote throttle control" (which it was currently setup for. We don't use remote throttle control) through the laptop. This service code was number 45001 on their program (servicemax I believe). As well, there was a short in the turbo electrical wiring that would cause a code for excessive back pressure. Everything is fixed up now, and works great.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"

Edited by - 1983ChevroletWayne on 03/08/2014 05:39:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000