Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 Suburbans Used for Routes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yellowroseoftexas53

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit yellowroseoftexas53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello-I have seen suburbans being used for school bus routes in Texas. I know there are certain requirements/specifications the vehicle must have, and I want to make sure that if we start using one-it will be in accordance with the law. Does anyone know where I might find that information? I know it needs loading lights of some nature and a stop sign and probably reflective material, but does it have to be school bus yellow? Thanks~

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  06:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure about TX but in IL we are governed by IDOT and the state board of education. You would probably need to start at one of these and go from there. As for your set up, in IL your idea would be totally unacceptable. There are certain federal safety laws that have to be followed as well. Good luck.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  2:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a similar rule in our state a few years ago (of course that has changed now). What you need to look out for is if this applies to a daily route. Our state allowed transporting of students to events and such in a van/ suburban etc. but not to and from school.
Hope this helps.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2014 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/PhotoGallery/ImageViewer.aspx?id=45&curPage=16

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000