Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2002 IH 3800 DT466 Random beeper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcballoonpilot

1 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  05:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcballoonpilot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
We have a 2002 IH 3800 with a DT466, we have a beeper that starts and stops at random times, it's the same beeper for low air, but the random times the beeper goes we have no dash idiot lights coming on.
Thanks in advance for your help

second.flood
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  06:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Likely needs a new dash.
Go to Top of Page

Oldiron

15 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Oldiron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The low air warning beeper is located below the dash above the steering column. We have had multiple failures of these units with bad solder joints on the inside, they will intermittently make contact internally while driving down the road and start randomly beeping, usually at a weaker inconsistant level but still beeping. We were replacing them only to find the replacements not much better so I have been opening them up and reflowing the solder joints and that usually does the trick. I believe the low oil pressure shares the same beeper if memory serves me correct.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000