Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DTA-360 Blowby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

txstreetman

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  08:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit txstreetman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all, I just noticed yesterday that my new DTA360 has some decent blow by coming out the road draft tube when idling, while it is cold outside. It only does this intermittently. I accidentally poured about a quart of 90w gear oil in it because I had it in a Rotella jug, and promptly stopped, but I have not changed the oil yet. Could this be a cause of it, as the smell of the blow by is almost like gear lube...

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  1:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a special tool that was used to measure how much blow by was too much on the DT 360.
Gear oils have different viscosity numbers to safeguard against accidental use in an engine, you should get that contaminated oil out of there asap.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  5:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
some of my 360s have "blowby" coming out the draft tube also. I wouldn't worry much unless you start seeing coolant getting in the oil. It will collect in the dip stick tube pretty bad also.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

txstreetman

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  09:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit txstreetman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fastback, I plan on changing that oil quick.

Hardy - the blow by coming out the draft tube is smokier than the exhaust...

-Jon

1987 Thomas International DTA360 5 Speed w/ 4 speed aux, air brakes
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  2:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by txstreetman

Hardy - the blow by coming out the draft tube is smokier than the exhaust...

I would say that "blow by" coming out of the road draft tube would be expected to appear "smokier" than the exhaust

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 02/11/2014 2:08:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000