New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  08:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2009 ic ce bus when key is on the wipers stay on low speed i swapped out relay thinknig it might be stuck that didnt fix it i un pluged the wiper switch and the went faster any ideas????

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  12:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have a broken ground wire to the washer pump! Seen this quite a few times.Check between the pump and fire wall connector.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  12:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my washer pump is not working either some times the wipers stay running some times they stop
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  12:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an issue with my 2012 CE where once you turned on the wipers they would not shut off. you would have to stop the bus and with the wiper switch in the off position. You would then have to turn the key off then restart the bus to turn the wipers off.

It turned out we had to replace the body control module to fix the problem
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  5:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this one will be fine for a while then all of a sudden the wipers would come on and atay on til u shut key off when u turn key back on in bout 5 seconds they would start again but then all of a sudden stop and be fine for a while I did notice if I un plug the washer pump the wipers would stay on once key was on but when washer pump is pluged in it doesn't work and there is no ground when the switch is pushed
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
today the wipers are workin fine but still no washer pump i checked by the connector on fire wall everthing looks good
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  12:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The washer pump should have 12v all times,fused by fuse f34. The esc (body controller) supplies the ground signal wire A87G. It comes from the round bolt in connector at the firewall, pin#L. It goes from there to the connector by the gear box pin F then to the washer pump. Washer pumps are notorious for shorting out/ locking up.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok I have 12v at washer pump no ground signal when I press button for washers I changed the pump already as of Friday the wipers where no staying on by them selves but I am sure they will act up again the bolt u are talkin about is it the one above the big plug going threw fire wall
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  4:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes and the wire should have the circuit number A87G, pin L
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  06:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when u push button for washer what wire is supplied the ground if a87g is bolted right to the body it would have ground all the time?
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, the ground is supplied to that wire from the body controller through the bolted in connector on the fire wall. pin L. Sorry for the confusion
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  06:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok checked that ground it was of i ohms out the wire n87g from the bulk head connector to washer pump and there was an open so traced the wire and found it broken behind the washer bottle
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had same problem, after days of troubleshooting we finally figured out that there was a pinched wire in the steering tilt. We searched high and low, replaced switch replaced relays replaced wiper motor swapped ESC with no luck. Finally we noticed with the steering wheel in a certain tilt position the wipers would stop. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000