Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2014 :  5:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

13' IC/CE-DT

Since my bus was given new to me it keeps giving me this same issue every now and again. It seems to only happen on really cold days where the bus temperature is frigid.

I do my pre-trip and check the warning lights on these cold days, and then sometimes go into the school board office or driver's lounge. So when I leave the bus unattended I shut it off (after about 5 minutes running). When I go to the back to reset the child check system it will not reset and continues beeping. I cycle through the warning lights again and it still will not reset the system. This had happened to me when the bus was brand new and the mechanics put a new reset button at the back, but now it has started again. After I cycle the lights about 3-4 times it will finally reset. If the temperatures outside are normal I never have this issue. I've tried pounding around the reset button panel, but it doesn't help.

I run outside after the 2nd failed attempt and unplug my horns because I know what's coming! ...lol

Just on a side note: I have noticed that on these icy cold mornings my lamp check feature will not activate either. The light just flashes a few times on the control panel.

Any ideas on these issues??

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  04:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the lamp check won't function either then I believe the problem may be that for some reason the bus is not sensing that the parking brake is applied.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  08:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe Fastback may be one the right track in his thinking about it being park brake related...

May not be your issue,, but had a few of mine do similar in cold weather. ended up being the air pressure switch under the dash that senses when park brake is applied... there was a different switch and tee connector IH had me install to cure problem... original switch is a 5005757.... new one is 2042478C2 had to replace tee fitting also as new switch is different size plug in...
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  08:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastback

If the lamp check won't function either then I believe the problem may be that for some reason the bus is not sensing that the parking brake is applied.

Thanks for that. I never thought of the parking brake. Moisture freezing in the switch maybe?..Or an electrical fault?

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  09:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check your park brake pressure sensor located behind park brake handle. turn key to on position and check if red "Brake" is on. if not change
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000