New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  11:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over on the general interest part of this forum they have a link to something that South Carolina did to show the history of seats through the years. Pretty neat. Thought the guys on here that don't look at the rest of the forum would like to see it. Let me know what you think. I really think they did a good job. Might be interesting to see photos, on the same bus, of the different kinds of safety items that have been added over the years too. Here's the link.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Regulations/PhotoGallery/2013/12/60-Years-of-School-Bus-Seats.aspx

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  12:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's pretty cool.
The district that my kids attend once had a bus that had all different color seat covers. It was a display bus that they had bought used.
The kids called it the circus bus. I wish I had a picture of it.
Go to Top of Page

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  1:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wayne, in particular, did some layouts like this. I'm sure all the manufacturer's did too but I definitely remember some sales literature with that layout from Wayne.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  3:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A lot has changed for sure. I really do not care for the 2010 seats. Really hard to see small children and feel kinda closterphobic to me.....glad I don't have to ride one.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JRob

Wayne, in particular, did some layouts like this. I'm sure all the manufacturer's did too but I definitely remember some sales literature with that layout from Wayne.

I found a picture of those Wayne "rainbow seats" on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85787708@N07/8466490410/in/photostream/

This guy has a few pictures of some nice old "rare" Waynes on there.

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

dwight

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  9:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you click on Blogs and then December you can read more entries about the seats. I would like to have seen the original chrome pipes mounted behind the drivers seat & the pole with the modesty panel on the right front side installed on that demo bus. My totally original orange 1973 IH/Superior School Bus has that setup. Dwight

20 SCHOOL BUS FLEET OWNER/OPERATOR (Retired)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000