Great GMC Blue Bird model
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  6:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
At this link is an eBay listing for a darn accurate model of a 1985-1993 Blue Bird / GMC! What puzzles me is that if you zoom in on the photos (drag them into your address bar is one way to see them separate of the eBay page, where they are shrunk), it has Michigan plates but has 8 ways. Must be a post-1990 bus then!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bus-1-72-School-bus-Stop-/181275334912?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item2a34da1900

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  11:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if this is a new model they are trying to produce or some sort of prototype model? I found a similar one on eBay a few days ago (search: GMC school bus diecast).

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2013 :  1:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They look great! Too bad the shipping is so expensive. Someone needs to import a ton of these & re-sell them!

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  06:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow!! This is incredible! Looks like a 1984-1987 model since the entrance door is not flush. Also, I'd bet any amount of money this is modeled after a Virginia bus. They had tons of these with no logos and with those crazy small mirrors!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  3:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ha ha I didn't notice that until just now Jared with the 4 ways, and 9 rows which used to be popular here in the rural areas. That thing is definitely a Va. bus

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  2:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you look close enough, it actually does have 8 way warning lights. It just doesn't have black paint behind them. Also, they might have left the logos off for copyright reasons. (Notice the GMC emblem is missing from the hood as well)

I've seen a few more pop up on eBay since this was posted. Search "USA GMC School Bus" and they pop up. If you search completed listings, there are some other old listings with different photo angles.

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2013 :  6:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah you may be right. they looked like 4 ways at first but those are Va. spec mirrors for sure...thanks for crushing my hopes Jake...LOL

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

misterbill
Advanced Member

United States
306 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2013 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I drove a bus in 1988, there were two new busses there that had 8 ways. Think they had automatic transmissions, not sure about that. The owner didn't like the automatics that we already had, they kept jumping up and down instead of staying in one gear. They really weren't very good back then.

I always have to inform the mechanics where I work that I have changed more spark plugs on school busses then they have.

High School Friend-"Hey! How are you! Well, I guess you can't be doing too well, you're driving a school bus."
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2013 :  11:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Our GMC Birds were some of the best. 87-89 didn't give a lot of trouble at all diesel 5 speeds.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  08:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see something new out there!

Ted

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000