New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  08:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of you don't know me personally and know me only as "The guy that posts all the TSBs from NY Bus Sales." I don't usually post personal things here, but I feel the need to share this.

Most of you that DO know me, are aware I love school buses (Blue Birds are the best in my opinion) and know that I aspire to make something of myself in this industry. I have wanted to be a school bus driver since I was about 6 years old. For many years people told me there was no way I'd ever be able to do it, so I never even tried getting my car license until I was 21 (I'm 23 as of this post.) Well, Monday November 25th I passed the CDL road test and obtained a CDL "B" with passenger AND SCHOOL BUS endorsement and I passed the DOT physical as well.

I am here to tell you, that if you can dream it, you can DO it, it might take awhile, you might have to work your ASS off for it, but you CAN do it.

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 11/29/2013 11:52:53 AM

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  4:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  11:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats and good luck in the industry!! I started as a mechanic helper at 16 and started driving at 18. Im 34 now and really enjoyed working with yellow school buses and transporting our future.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  11:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been working for the transportation company since 2010

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 11/29/2013 11:52:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

misterbill
Advanced Member

United States
306 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirdvision

if you can dream it, you can DO it,

The cool part of following in your dreams is even if you fall flat on your face, you will still be glad you did it. I stood in my kitchen on the phone with Michael Jacksons producer, a very fond memory for me even though nothing will ever come of it.

Well-good luck and congratulations!

High School Friend-"Hey! How are you! Well, I guess you can't be doing too well, you're driving a school bus."
Go to Top of Page

Lisa P

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa P's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats! That is awesome!

A lot of dreams take hard work. The best advice I ever got (from my college advisor, no less) is that you should do something that you love the work to get to the dream. The work makes you a better person. And when it pays off, it's even better!
Go to Top of Page

Mr. bluebird

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  05:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad you made your dream come true

"YOUR Childs Safety is Our Business"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000