Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 sluggish T444E
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  06:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bus starts and runs good but is a total slug off the line. Once it gets wound up it isnt bad and will hold speed pretty good. It almost feels like around 2200-2500 rpm you can hear it change tune and start to run...Its got me beat. Injectors? I've checked the obvious like filters. Its a 1997.

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  2:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is this a new to you bus or is it a bus you have had in the fleet for some time?

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"

Edited by - 05ICCE on 11/30/2013 09:41:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  11:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well it belongs to another school that i do work for. She has complained about it off and on but I drove it the other day for the first time. Seems to be worse in the cold. They have had it for two years.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  05:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had some trouble with the rapid warm up devices not responding to exhaust back pressure and opening up on that vintage T444E, buses wouldn't "take off" until engine warmed. Some corrected with reflash another one was just disconnected.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Clipper86

9 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  12:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clipper86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 7 T444E in my fleet. Was having same issues with 3 of them, changed injectors and it was like having a new engine. All 3 of them had 100,000 plus miles. Not cheap, but fixed our problems.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  3:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah thats what I was thinking too.....The rapid warm up is working ok and opens up once it warms. That feature is really a headache and I have been disconnecting several of them for that reason. Im not sure about investing that much in injectors, this bus has right at 250000 miles. Thanks for the input

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

BLUEBIRD1965

12 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked to see if the linkage under the turbo is connected? We have had about three that would show low pressure until warm. Found linkage was off. bus runs like it should.

Not the best mechanic, Just Know where to hide extra parts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000