New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  10:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2006 IH 1300 with a fan-clutch that I cannot seem to get off. I have tried heat (small torch,) dousing it with wd-40, an air hammer, a regular hammer, and no success. It's getting cooler here, so it isn't an emergency need like it would be in June or July, but I still need to get this thing off.

This thing is left hand thread, correct? lol (I have tried going backwards to get it to move a bit hoping it would loosen, and that did no good either.)

Any ideas out there? Here is the tool I am using, and it has never failed me before:

(it hooks up to my air hammer)

-Signed,
Annoyed in Arizona
:)

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  10:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have had to use the chisel in the air hammer to get several of these off. Try hammering in the direction of the fan blade during rotation, most of the early DT's were left and the 444 were right hand or vice versa. The last of my navistars went away last year.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  11:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The DT should be left hand thread. I have never used that tool.
I have used either an air chisel near the corner of one of the wrench flats or a couple of OTC wrenches and a breaker bar.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  12:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Air Hammer Chisel in the corner worked like a charm. I've been afraid to do that in the past due to the hub bearing being right there. I'll keep an eye on it and all should be good.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000