Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2001 IC Entry door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  12:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have an electric entry door that has quit working...i have found that it is not recieving a ground by touching the relay while my test light was grounded..i then thought the diode was bad...i took out diode and hooked wires together and now it runs even with key off..Does anyone know where to look for the lost ground..thanks

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  12:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tested switch today and its good...unplugged and plugged all plugs in the left hand dash..replaced four relays above the entry door..still no luck...wires from switch over to the door are not numbered the same so dont know if they will ohm
out...any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  1:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try cleaning the paint off of the motor bracket where the bolts run through it to the wall of the bus. I had issues with the electric doors and that was the problem.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tested switch today and its good...unplugged and plugged all plugs in the left hand dash..replaced four relays above the entry door..still no luck...wires from switch over to the door are not numbered the same so dont know if they will ohm
out...any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  11:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will try that in the morning. Does anyone know how these doors are wired? Does the door switch control the ground or positive feed, is there a fuse or breaker for this circuit or just the four relays above the door?
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  09:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked another bus this morning and found that my problem bus wasnt getting the power feed it needed...my guess is a broke wire because all fuses and breakers are good..I simply ran a new feed wire from ign. switch with an inline fuse. Door is working.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000