E-450 6.0 question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Been Deleted

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  2:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 E-450 with a 6.0 diesel that needs heavy engine repair. Has any one ever tried replacing one of these motors with something different like a 5.4 gas motor? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
V-10 strap a propane tank to it. LOL

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  3:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would repair the engine or sell the chassis as is before I would go through the joys of swapping in another engine. Have you done a full detailed teardown to find out exactly what failed with the 6.0?
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  2:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am seeing more and more buses for sale with bad engines 6.0L and VT365 with not alot of miles. I couldnt imagine trying to swap a diesel to a gas with all of the computers, etc that would have to be swapped

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  3:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get rid of it. It would probably cost more than the bus is worth to get a gas motor that's worth putting in the bus. Type As are a dime a dozen, and you've gotten all the useful years out of that chassis.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  07:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember back in the 80's pulling out diesels in Chevy trucks and Oldsmobiles. We replaced with 307,350, and 403 olds gasoline engines. Those were the days. A V-10 or 5.3 swap wouldn't be that hard.There are a few Cummins swaps out there on the net. I love a challenge.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000