Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 IC Bus VT365 No oil pressure!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  2:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had to tow in for no start. Has no oil pressure, swapped oil pressure sending unit and still no pressure. Laptop shows no oil pressure, test port shows no oil pressure. I've never had a gerotor oil pump fail on me, or have a oil pressure regulator fail either. I'm starting with the oil pressure regulator. Any thoughts or past experiences are welcomed and appreciated.

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  08:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you cant read oil pressure with service maxx and can read oil pressure from the front port of the engine with a guage, then most probably going to be the lube oil pump. we have changed a few over the years for low-no oil pressure.only other possibility is the pick-up tube which ive never had one go bad.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  6:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont know what engine your talking about but Id check the oil pressure regulator first for debris sticking it open. Ive seen this on t444e and vt365's. Did the bus die on road or did they shut it off after a run and then no restart?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They shut it off and never started back up. That's first thing I'm checking is the pressure regulator then drop the pan and check if the pick up tube is still attached.
quote:
Originally posted by mastertech

I dont know what engine your talking about but Id check the oil pressure regulator first for debris sticking it open. Ive seen this on t444e and vt365's. Did the bus die on road or did they shut it off after a run and then no restart?

Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dropped the pan and this is what appeared at the bottom. Any ideas what that could be? Looks like needle bearings and a chunk of metal. Oil pressure regulator looked good, replaced it any ways. Taking apart the oil pump next.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  11:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those look to be the bearings from one or more of the roller lifters.This means a lot of head aches. The cam follower or (lifter) has come apart and is no longer functioning and probably wiping the cam lobe now. Sad to say but it looks like a reman time do to the fact these little pieces are probably circulated throughout the oil system.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  2:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bus Tech II

Those look to be the bearings from one or more of the roller lifters.This means a lot of head aches. The cam follower or (lifter) has come apart and is no longer functioning and probably wiping the cam lobe now. Sad to say but it looks like a reman time do to the fact these little pieces are probably circulated throughout the oil system.

I have a strong feeling you're right. While cranking you can hear compression through the air cleaner. I would've guessed a broken valve spring but those are new heads. Looks like I'll be pricing a reman.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000