Fault code 4574
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  12:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So the 07 emission DT subject gets beat like a dead horse... I need to beat it some more...!

I have one that came back from repair at dealer for intermittent smoking issues... so far smoke is gone with replacement of DOC,, which pleases me ..the problem that has come up now is this code 4574... cyl balance # 4 cyl exceeded max limit... when driving this bus on route I assume code goes active and bus runs similar to a old John Deere 2cyl tractor. except the old john Deere's ran well that way..lol.. by the time it returns to garage code is inactive and bus runs great..

appears by looking over IC's website this can be potentially be caused by a number of different parts... was hoping to bypass some tech time if anyone else has had a similar experience with this code and can give any input.... The way it acts I am assuming it is ECM or electrical issues, as engine runs great when code is inactive and is not logging any other fault codes...

Bus has just under 150,000 on it... dealer replaced/tested out most of the parts included in service info as spent pretty much 5 months in and out of dealer since last March... and of course it wasn't doing this when it went there either...

If I was getting a code for under limit... I might assume I had a weak cyl, but since this says exceeds max limit sort of baffles me? I have ck and reck'd main wiring/fuses from batteries to engine/ECM etc... both pos and grd's any help/input would be appeciated....

Edited by - slippert on 10/22/2013 12:33:28 PM

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  3:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know if they ran the CPA test when they had it?
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  03:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My initial guess is injector. This has been common occurance for us. By the way. we had an 07 emissions Maxx DT in our shop yesterday, and cleaned out the DOC for smoking issues and when we got done, we had the light with the exclamation point in it on for ICP reading out of range. No connection between the two far as I can tell but we are putting a sensor in it today.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  07:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

Do you know if they ran the CPA test when they had it?

Yes CPA was done on it... From info given by dealer. all testing that was done showed no issues..I told them I didn't want bus back unless it had the DOC replaced, as that seemed to make the difference on the other 3... They replaced it and so far haven't seen a bill for it or any of the others as they told me the parts were policy-ed due to none of them being in warranty anymore... got bus back put on route and the next day started running bad intermittently... took over a wk to get the darn thing to act up for me at shop... fortunately even when bus is running poorly now exhaust is clear... I guess that's a plus..lol.

Edited by - slippert on 10/23/2013 08:02:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  07:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bassman

My initial guess is injector. This has been common occurance for us. By the way. we had an 07 emissions Maxx DT in our shop yesterday, and cleaned out the DOC for smoking issues and when we got done, we had the light with the exclamation point in it on for ICP reading out of range. No connection between the two far as I can tell but we are putting a sensor in it today.

After feeling like I have spent hours on website, laptop and chit chat with a different dealer... I am lead to believe this code is being caused by #4 injector... with miles/hours on motor,,My gut says to change all while in there..but dealer says it is better to change just the bad one...as they are reman's ... My thinking is I would rather tear apart once and hopefully be done, then if one goes bad and I have to pull down again at least I have one yr warranty on installed parts.. along with installing a new ICP sensor and rail seals /or new adapters while it is opened up...

Thanks for the info... it does help!

Edited by - slippert on 10/23/2013 07:52:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000