So, how much do you get paid?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bigdawg1

5 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  12:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit bigdawg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes we have all brand new buses here in Wilton this year. 2013 models IC RE buses. We have seven 83 passenger buses called big dawgs. We have twenty three 73 passenger buses called Road Warriors and five mini buses two are handicap and they are our Scouts. They are thomas built models with chevy chassis. Our town is the Wilton warriors and were big into getting into character with our bus names. It makes work fun. I drive big dawg 1. Really makes going to work a lot of fun
Go to Top of Page

KabinKitty

3 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  11:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit KabinKitty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am paid $17.57 an hour and drive between 8 and 5 3/4 hours a day. I am 4th in seniority and am able to bid on extra midday routes that run between our AM and PM routes. Our union allowed our trip pay to drop to $10 an hour a few years ago. It has increased with cost of living raises.
We receive time and a half after 40 hours a week. Field trips are optional and bid by rotation lists. Insurance for those who were grandfathered is $100 single, a month for PPO, excellent coverage.
Can't complain about the money at all, but our administration is not supportive or respectful of us (especially senior drivers). We are really strapped for sub drivers and at times routes are pieced together as they don't have enough drivers.
Can't wait till I retire and take the target off my back!!
Go to Top of Page

macher

9 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  06:29:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit macher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work at a university in Philly and our rate is $22.16/hour. We get paid time and a half after 8 and double time on Sunday. We are represented by the Teamsters.

We also do extra trips for over time and it's rotated evenly.

I pay $60/week for full benefits for a family of 4; health, prescription, dental and vision. We also get 1 sick day/month and you can accumulate, In May we get our vacation time; I get 20 days; you can have up to 40 vacation days. Personal days; 4/year. Plus paid week off between Christmas and New Years as well as other holidays/university days off. Union dues; 65/month.

And tuition re-embursement for college for the whole family of 4.

Management treats us well and we get great benefits.

I have 20 years seniority.

Edited by - macher on 03/28/2013 06:42:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  5:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are hourly employees. Our rate is $22.09 per hour. Runs range from 4-6 hours a day, no more or less. At the beginning of the year, when we bid on our runs, we can also bid on midday runs that total 1.25-1.75 hours, no more or less, three to five days a week. We get 12 sick days and two personal days. 12 paid holidays. We do have insurance, the district pays for half. It's about $260 a month. Our union dues are $14 a month. We have 401K plans. We are able to bid on extra trips every week, up to 8 hours on the first round. We bid in a round robin style (starts where the list left off). We get paid an hour to wash the outside of our bus. We are paid for all meetings called by our boss or district. We get paid every other week. My run is 5.5 hours a day, plus I'm constantly bidding on extra trips. I usually average 32-40+ hours a week. I work for a good district and I have no complaints about the district or what we're offered. The drivers are a different story (haha)

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

lizmoore

2 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  05:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit lizmoore's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey John, you still using this blog?

i would love to talk with you about salary? are you still driving for fulton county?

quote:
Originally posted by svhockeyjock

Fulton County School Dist pays up $938 a month plus benifits. We are the highest paid drivers in the state of Georgia, but Metro Atlanta is in Fulton County so we put up with a lot more than most other drivers in the state do. I think we get paid very well. Back in Pittsburgh the contractor i worked for paid $47 a day with no benifits or anything. So i think im better off!!!

John Scott Boreland

Go to Top of Page

DrivesBlueBirds

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  8:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit DrivesBlueBirds's Homepage  Reply with Quote
$11.80 an hour driving, $12.80 an hour training new drivers.
Go to Top of Page

ExFSSlave

2 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  03:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit ExFSSlave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
T.I.C in middle of nowheresville, $20.65 at time of the AXE 5 months ago. (3 months after bringing up overtime in our "safety meeting"<big joke
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000