Enter Forum: General Interest
 Insurance Costs- Need Help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bobsdday3

6 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  8:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost an 18 year old buying an 82 bluebird, for insurance? It would only be driven in the summer for 3 monthes, list any sites I could go to for a quote or offer any price range, thanks!

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  9:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it depends on how it's registered, I'm trying to figure out the same thing for when I buy a Crown.

try http://www.rvinsurance.com

—Phil

Crown, Blue Bird, Thomas, Gillig, Corbeil, Superior, Amtran...all excellent products of an excellent industry.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  08:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost an 18 year old buying an 82 bluebird, for insurance? It would only be driven in the summer for 3 monthes, list any sites I could go to for a quote or offer any price range, thanks!

I insure mine through Progressive. It would probably cost a lot less if you could get it registered/insured as a motor home.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I got my 85 Thomas, we had a HARD time finding insurance. No one would insure it. However, we found State Farm and they were willing to help us. They would only insure it if it was insured commercially, though. It worked, and it only costs me $236 every 6 months. However, the insurance is "on hold" for the winter and early spring, so we don't have to pay for those months since it's not driven.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com

Quote:
"There's no place like home; GO THERE!" -Lady from the "Craby Road" comic.
Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  4:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have $500,000 with no deductable. My local Farm Bureau Insurance Agent found a company that would insure my bus. I pay $751/year. I plan to use the bus year round for Scouts and Church.

349 - A repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

Bobsdday3

6 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  5:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone. It most likely would be alot more for me if I am only 18 years old correct? If so do you know how much?

Go to Top of Page

cowlitzcoach
Advanced Member

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  06:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cowlitzcoach's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It all depends upon how you will be using the bus. If you are going to be using the bus for your purposes--as an RV for instance--it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If you are going to be using it as a commercial venture, good luck.

My insurance company does not allow anyone under 25-years of age, The state of WA requires $5 million liability so the premium is about $5K per bus per year. If you need comp and collision it is going to cost you more as well.

Good luck on finding insurance.

Mark O.

Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  12:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it depends on how it's registered, I'm trying to figure out the same thing for when I buy a Crown.

Phil, do you mean a California Crown or a Crown by Carpenter???

Blue Bird... America's BEST!

E-mail me: RLS1400@aol.com, IM me: RLS1400, or visit my site: www.bluebirdstop.cjb.net

Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  6:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I'm talking about a Crown Coach from Chino/LA, I say Crown. When I'm talking about a fake crown from richmond, I say carpenter.

—Phil

Crown, Blue Bird, Thomas, Gillig, Corbeil, Superior, Amtran...all excellent products of an excellent industry.
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bob, who exactly are you???? I know someone at work who is buying an 82 BlueBird...are you David Fish who works at SportsOhio?

Ryan Lane
NewBeetleBugBlue2000@yahoo.com
www.plain.lib.oh.us/PCPLPizzaPirates.htm
Go to Top of Page

Mayaschoolbus

1 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  09:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mayaschoolbus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ha a fleet of 8 school buses and I need a quote. For insurance in Florida if any one know please get back to me thanks
Go to Top of Page

AmTran Fan

8 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  10:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit AmTran Fan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see they never said that Carpenter and Crown By Carpenter were good buses. The CBC buses were not that slow, but it seems to me that no matter if it was a ford, GMC, or IHC, they were all under powered.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2023 :  08:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering the addition of a used school bus to your fleet? https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/10011607/how-and-when-to-buy-a-used-school-bus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000