Read about the Great Fleets Across America
Subscribe

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC to get a Cummins as an option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dvorak
Senior Member

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  06:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked to a guy from the International dealership yesterday. They had recently sent one of their techs to a DT training class. The first words out of the instructors mouth were "I don't know why any of you are here. They're going to quit making the DT." This is all hearsay, but according to the guy I talked to, the only options for international in the near future will be the Max 7 and the Cummins. Again, I don't know any of this for sure, but I'm beginning to question whether or not Navistar knows either.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Advanced Member

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  06:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I wrote my bid specifying the Cummins.
I don't know which builder will win the bid. Opening Dec. 10th.
I'll let you know.



quote:
Originally posted by Carp_26

second.flood are you buying IC with the Cummins option? I had the chance to view and drive the Lion demo here in Ohio yesterday. That bus is very impressive. I can certainly see our district seriously looking to Lion as a purchase option in the future.

Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
2319 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  07:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dvorak

I talked to a guy from the International dealership yesterday. They had recently sent one of their techs to a DT training class. The first words out of the instructors mouth were "I don't know why any of you are here. They're going to quit making the DT." This is all hearsay, but according to the guy I talked to, the only options for international in the near future will be the Max 7 and the Cummins. Again, I don't know any of this for sure, but I'm beginning to question whether or not Navistar knows either.



That's really a shame because that DT has a history of being a good engine. Only when they put EPA stuff on it did it begin to have real trouble. Historically IH has been a good proactive company but lately I don't see that. Of course this is all perception and I could be entirely wrong.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

985 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  07:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dvorak

I talked to a guy from the International dealership yesterday. They had recently sent one of their techs to a DT training class. The first words out of the instructors mouth were "I don't know why any of you are here. They're going to quit making the DT." This is all hearsay, but according to the guy I talked to, the only options for international in the near future will be the Max 7 and the Cummins. Again, I don't know any of this for sure, but I'm beginning to question whether or not Navistar knows either.



Don't like the sound of that.
Seems like the 2010 emission DTs are much better than the 2007 version and the 2010 emission Maxx 7s are more trouble prone than the 2007 version.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

985 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood


I wrote my bid specifying the Cummins.
I don't know which builder will win the bid. Opening Dec. 10th.
I'll let you know.



What size bus?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Advanced Member

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  08:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
71 Passenger 276 wb.
Conventional

Edited by - second.flood on 11/22/2013 08:10:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
2319 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  10:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess a Cummins can be spec'd now that all the companies have access to it. lol Wouldn't have been able to do that before. At least not in Illinois.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Advanced Member

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  12:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep!




quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I guess a Cummins can be spec'd now that all the companies have access to it. lol Wouldn't have been able to do that before. At least not in Illinois.

Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

985 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  05:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My IC dealer appeared to quit ordering Maxxforce 7s for stock units some time ago, new inventory list, which I am sure includes buses on order, lists only buses with Cummins ISBs and DTs

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

248 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2013 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are supposed to receive our first IC/Cummins in two months. Hoping for the best!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 


School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000