Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 ABS light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2007 Thomas Saf-T-liner. The ABS light is on. I have SID code 13 FMI 5. DBR retarder output is open. I have checked the relay box under the dash and above the front axle. There is no relays in the DBR socket. I am not sure what the dbr even is.

Any help. Internet search has turned up NADA.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  06:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If your bus does not have a retarder as part of the transmission and your ABS sees a resistance on the retarder circut wire it expects to see it every time during start up. to make the ABS ECU unlearn a component you must use Wabco tool box to "reset memorized". Reasons for seeing resitance may include retarder circut wire shorted to grnd, touching wire with old style test light or moveing one ucu to another unit. Pin #7 in the black x2 connector is the wire in question.
Go to Top of Page

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  08:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tigger, That's kind of what I was finding on my searches. Since we only have 4 buses out of 170 with WABCO ABS, we do have the diagnostics equipment for it. Looks like a trip to WW Williams.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000