Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 INT vt365 no start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cylemik

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  11:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit cylemik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
our bus got towed into the shop. no start/ not even with either(starting fluid). so the HPOP was changed still nothing, TODAY the IDM was changed still nothing. any ideas? please if anyone could give us some insite.

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  12:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you know what codes are stored/ Active? Check the battery box area you will see 2 conectors, one has 3 red wires the other will have 2 white wires. Pull the connectors apart and see if the are melted. Also check the fuses for melting or blown in the same area. these are called the clean power cables/fuses. if you dont see any problem there follow that bundle of wires wraped in that cloth tape from the battery box up to the starter area where it will come to 2 more connectors. Check those also for melting.
Go to Top of Page

cylemik

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  12:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit cylemik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
will that cause it not to cause start on starting fluid
Go to Top of Page

cylemik

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  1:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cylemik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all wiring is intact. we have power after all fuses and connectors. but no power at glow plug relay
Go to Top of Page

wjbusguy

United States
42 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  3:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit wjbusguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about the IPR valve on the back of the motor in the valley? Thats the first thing I check if I have a no start on a vt 365.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

cylemik

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  3:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit cylemik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
replaced it with hpop and yes it does have power

Go to Top of Page

cylemik

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  3:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit cylemik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
relay is good with good power
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  05:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it will not run while starting fluid is present I would be checking to see if you have any compression

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  03:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
remove key, insert new bus. sorry couldn't help myself.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  05:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is the cranking RPM? You need at least 160 RPM for the engine to start. Also, don't forget the ground circuits, all the way from the battery, especially down in front of the starter, there are two grounds and two bat+ that must all be good through the splice, or connector, if the connector is still there. (International had a recall on them)

I know you say the wiring is intact, but what is the voltage at the positives and grounds while cranking? The voltage drop there may only show up while the starter is cranking.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  04:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pull the egr valve and see if it is stuck open!
Go to Top of Page

ITGuy211

2 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit ITGuy211's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know its a longshot but is the alternator still good?
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  06:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check conector right under starter(purple wires)ive had trouble with wires backing out or not making good contact.harness is usually pulled tight. i try to give it some slack.hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000