Just For Fun
 Enter Forum: Just For Fun
 school bus to RV
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe *inson

5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  11:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe *inson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would this be a proper subject in this forum?
Maybe after working with them all day, the last
thing you want to in your off hour would be yellow

Joe

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  05:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry no one has responded to your post. I just now ran across it. I'd say this is a perfect place for your posts about your RV. We get several posts here about bus conversion. Personally, I think you guys are putting a lot of work into those things for not much return but we all have hobbies like that so it's all good to me. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Joe *inson

5 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  10:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe *inson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I'm sorry no one has responded to your post. I just now ran across it. I'd say this is a perfect place for your posts about your RV. We get several posts here about bus conversion. Personally, I think you guys are putting a lot of work into those things for not much return but we all have hobbies like that so it's all good to me. lol

Go to Top of Page

Joe *inson

5 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  10:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe *inson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So your saying once the bus is turned out to pasture. It might be best melted down and turned into next year's Toyota? :)
Just figured they might be a better base to build on. The one my son was going to convert, seems to be leaving a trail of small rusted bits of bus. His wife followed as he drove the treasure home. Think it spent most of it's life in Wisconsin, before going to Seattle. Think its going to be parted out. Nice sounding 5.9 turbo ,, should be worth something
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best people to help you are over here:

http://www.skoolie.net/
Go to Top of Page

Joe *inson

5 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  09:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe *inson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks ,, been looking at that site.
I figured that's where people in tie dyed
shirts, smoking hand rolled doobie
would be giving me advise. This site
would be information from folks who
may know more about the basic bones
of buses.
Go to Top of Page

Joe *inson

5 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  09:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe *inson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks ,, been looking at that site.
I figured that's where people in tie dyed
shirts, smoking hand rolled doobie
would be giving me advise. This site
would be information from folks who
may know more about the basic bones
of buses.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'd be right about the later. Any questions you have on the mechanics of the bus would be best suited for the mechanic's forum. Some of the guys over there are a little cranky sometimes but their bark is worse than their bite. Just tell them who you are and what you're doing and most will be glad to help. Just be advised that most of these guys have a full time job that they keep, working on buses, in the day time. So it might take some time to get an answer to you. Others will pick up on the question right away and it will turn into an almost live chat. Welcome to the forum!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000