Management/Operations
 Enter Forum: Management/Operations
 Route planning software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnk

1 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  07:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit johnk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am researching route planning software for use in our district. What are you using? how is it working for you? In your opionion for a smaller fleet (13 routes, 20 buses) what would be the best bang for our buck?

Johnk

bwest
Administrator

United States
2348 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  10:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnk, I have been interested in routing software in the past as well. I have come to the conclusion that they are not set up for small rural districts. We have 12 routes and 17 buses here. I have a lot of problems with water getting out around a river that runs through our district from north to south. I just don't route a bus across the river unless it's a road that is designed not to get flooded. I haven't been able to find software that will do that. I may be proven wrong at some point, I hope I am.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

WallyG
Advanced Member

United States
254 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  05:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A map with plenty of multi colored pins.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa P

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  07:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa P's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bwest-

Transfinder employee here who happened to come across this post.

We do have a new feature in our Version 11 of Routefinder Pro that I think fits the bill for what youre looking for. GeoRegions allows you to identify the location of walk zones, hazardous areas, sex offenders, etc. on your maps. I know a number of districts are using it for flood zones.

A bit of information is on the brochure here: http://transfinder.com/img/solutions_brochures/brochure_a1cm0h4c2f.pdf

Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions. Id be happy to put you (or anyone in this forum with questions) in touch with the representative for your state. My e-mail is lpaquette@transfinder.com.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
2348 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  08:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa P

Bwest-

Transfinder employee here who happened to come across this post.

We do have a new feature in our Version 11 of Routefinder Pro that I think fits the bill for what youre looking for. GeoRegions allows you to identify the location of walk zones, hazardous areas, sex offenders, etc. on your maps. I know a number of districts are using it for flood zones.

A bit of information is on the brochure here: http://transfinder.com/img/solutions_brochures/brochure_a1cm0h4c2f.pdf

Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions. Id be happy to put you (or anyone in this forum with questions) in touch with the representative for your state. My e-mail is lpaquette@transfinder.com.

That's cool! I'll email you to get some details. It has been quite some time since I have looked at any software.
Thanks!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
163 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Edulog in my district. 16 routes, most running triple-tiers. I can easily designate any segment of my map as a "no travel" street to prevent the bus route from travelling along a particular road. Find out what your user license will cost annually, what modules are included in the basic package, what modules are add-ons and the cost, etc for any vendor you talk to. There are many choices today and i'm certain you can find a package that will work for your district needs. As with most districts, there is still manual work in Routing even with a software program.
Go to Top of Page

webegone

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean by triple-tiers? Are the school start times staggered that allows your drivers to run 3 routes?
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
163 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  06:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we run 3 morning and 3 afternoon routes. All buildings are housed on a single campus. Grades 6-12 on first tier, Grades 3-5 second tier, grades K-2 third tier.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000