Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 tc 2000 horn will go off when turning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took the steering wheel off a tc 2000 to replace the turn signal unit so it will auto shut off after a turn. When i reinstalled the steering wheel the horn worked fine. then we took it out and it would start going off as we turned the wheel. Im trying to get this horn working properly and nothing in the column looks wrong. Any ideas or suggestions or am i missing something simple?

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  06:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the horn pad sitting weird or something? Try one off of another bus? Or maybe the horn contact is really close to a ground so it touches when you turn? Not a whole lot of stuff to be wrong - maybe you should just change the ring and contact and see where that gets you.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
alright ill try a different ring and see if that will help, but the current one is not sitting weird at all so im not sure what the issue is.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000