Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 INT 09 ce200 wabco brake issue.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skouby

1 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2013 :  09:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit skouby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have a 09 IC with a wabco hydraulic brake system. The issue I am having is intermittent. Sometimes on intial start up or just driving around I will get the following lights on the dash, traction control, service Parking brake, Brake pressure, Brake fluid, and ABS. If driving and these faults pop up the bus still operates normally.
I have old wabco software and everything mechanical has been tested, and is working correctly. It was shwoing a Brake switch Fault code. The brake switch is not a issue, been tested, tested its circuit and everything appears to be working correctly.
My other diagnostic software was showing codes:
SID 30
SID 98
SID 246
The bus's onboard diagnostics only show these two codes:
I have chased wires, triple checked grounds, tested what I could with the info that I have available. I do not have access to ISIS or the Current wabco toolbox software.
So, now I am calling out to all of you, do you have any ideas? Anyone encounter this issue before?
Sorry for the long read, but all help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
-Mike

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  8:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of the biggest issues I have with the intermittant codes is the power leads about 10 inches from the wabco unit plug. I think most all of ours had a corrosion problem right were the harness makes the turn along the frame. Its under a pile of tape and split loom.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  5:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have another bus with this system? If so swap the ECU's and see if the problem follow the ECU.
Go to Top of Page

Marco Dodge

1 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  11:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marco Dodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had the same issue of chasing wires without finding the problem. I have a C2 bus that does not completly shut down. The computer never goes to sleep but i have been unable to find the activity that is keeping it awake. does anyone have any ideas or information that might help me?
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  07:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by skouby

Ok, I have a 09 IC with a wabco hydraulic brake system.

Mike,
I've had a similar problem with an '04. Check the 31 pin connector at the HCU. You'll have to look closely, the zip ties used to control movement had cut through some wires(in my case #94r&l). Had to remove a 1 inch section and solder in a new one. Use EXACTLY the specified gauge wires for repairs. I also found that the AMP connector that is forward from the HCU had a corroded pin in it, and I cleaned both male and female terminals, and regreased the unit. Also, I used a zip tie to keep both terminal blocks together. After an extensive rough road run, no problems were logged. I then used Starbrite liquid tape to coat the outer surfaces of the connectors to stop moisture intrusion.
The brake switch circuit wire will probably be compromised in either of these connector blocks.
Good luck,
Earl1412
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000