School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Same exact buses, two different companies?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  8:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

This has been bothering me for quite awhile now and I wanted some help with a general opinion. How common is it for two local school bus contractors to purchase the same exact model/spec'd bus from a dealer?

This first bus you see here is now long retired #277 of Gallagher Bus Service Corps in New Windsor, NY.

****Photo credit to both School Bus Central (first one) and Don Brown Bus Sales****

The following buses are #99, #138 and #139 of First Student Inc Wallkill, NY (Formerly Wallkill Valley School Bus Services Inc at time of purchase).

*Note the mirrors have all been replaced on #99-#139 and the hoods replaced on both #99 and #139.

So what do you guys think? are they all sisters/brothers?!
(and yes I know the dealer tags are the same, that's the start haha)

Edited by - ThomasBuilt139 on 08/08/2013 8:57:33 PM

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  07:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very common. Those buses were sold by Quality Bus Sales, which got bought out by Matthews a few years ago. All of them were likely dealer stock units, which most bus dealers in NY have available for contractors to purchase.

The First Student ones were purchased before that local contractor sold out to them, can't remember the name.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  12:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

Very common. Those buses were sold by Quality Bus Sales, which got bought out by Matthews a few years ago. All of them were likely dealer stock units, which most bus dealers in NY have available for contractors to purchase.

The First Student ones were purchased before that local contractor sold out to them, can't remember the name.

Thank you Rich! I had the thought that maybe they were dealer stock, but all of the Gallagher Bus Service Thomas Built's (up until they switched over to Leonard Bus Sales and IC CEs, I assume when Quality Bus Sales was sold). Were all that similar blackout scheme with the tinted windows and black frames. Only one was exactly the same as 277, but had a white roof. I wonder do you think they were just dealer stock units from the different years? As far as the first student ones go they were the last purchases of "Wallkill Valley School Bus Services Inc" before becoming First Student. First Student continued with Thomas Builts in 2004 - 2006 but they were from a different dealer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000