Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Who's Allowed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  11:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who's allowed in the bus repair shop working area during work hours? I ask because I have 8-10 school employees that come in to punch the time clock. Wait for orders from their supervisor before they leave. Come in usually 10-20 minutes before punch out time and sit. Also, at their lunch break they use a table 10 feet from where I'm working. I may be doing PM's, brake jobs, or currently...annual inspections. They turn on a TV and the volume may go up depending on what I'm doing...engine running, removing wheels, etc.
My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  09:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same sort of trouble here. I have to work next to a wannabe bodyshop. They paint over dents and bodywork. We don't use them. The owner doesn't like me because I am a non believer and plays religious music and preaching on a daily basis. We let him paint a couple buses and they looked horrible. Needless to say he doesn't get to paint for us anymore. Most of the time he has his friends all in the shop and they sit around and just talk. Then when he does decide to paint something he does it outside of the paint booth choking me out under the bus. This guy rents a stall in the leased building. The boss won't get rid of him and calls me childish for complaining. LOL The guy has even called the police on me making false claims on a paint job that some bondo fell out of. He claimed it was because I had the door open in the winter. Cop laughed. So yes I am still job hunting. Strange people running around the shop giving ME dirty looks? Maybe I should call the ACLU. You opened the door for ranting my friend. Rave on! Bryan will edit us if it gets out of hand. And everyone wonders why I almost moved to the big city. If I have to fix MY customer's buses at home in my driveway I will.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by - Wolf0r on 07/19/2013 09:31:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently anyone who wants to come in. Not so much a problem in the morning, but around 2:00 there is a group of people who come in waiting for their afternoon run who stand around the shop. They lean on our toolboxes, roam around the shop, walk through oil, grease and what ever is on the floor and track it into our offices. Our manager will even come out and move our hoses and tools around when we are working so these onlookers don't fall down. I was changing a muffler a few years ago, hot sweaty and dirty and rolled out from underneath a bus, and one of our drivers was standing almost directly up against the side of the bus and I rolled into his legs. Drives me nuts!

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000