Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 02 blue bird gmc aux brake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  09:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am working on a 02 gmc blue bird cat bus. The aux brake light is on, in the past i have had issues with the main relay for the motor by the fuse panel. Other than that the few buses we service have been good. Since it is 02 can not go on bb web site, to old for electronic diagrahms. I am more familer with the bosch systems on the ih. I tried to find the bosch module for the system but can not, have come to the conclusion that it must be the gm module that has the buzzer in it,it sits behind the trany shifter?? Looking for a diagrahm or any input to where the module is or is this the one , all other componants look to be the same as a bosch type 1 system.Any input is appreciated at this time, thanks Roger.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  10:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the box behind the shifter or above the dog house is the brake module. We have had to relocate our boxes because they get wet when the windshield leaks. A bad ground will cause the brake light to come on as well. All of ours will come on about once a month or so and my drivers have been instructed to turn off the ignition to reset it (you don't even have to let the engine die). This takes care of it for another month or so. If it happens again, soon, they tell me about it then I can dig deeper.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  12:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Bryan, the light will not go out. We have mitchell hd so i printed off for a 02 gmc c7 and I beleive i have the right diagrahm and flow chart and working my way through it. They have a sister bus that i will get in if needed to try the multifunction module. If i am still having issues i may repost you in future , Thanks for your itme.
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Yes, the box behind the shifter or above the dog house is the brake module. We have had to relocate our boxes because they get wet when the windshield leaks. A bad ground will cause the brake light to come on as well. All of ours will come on about once a month or so and my drivers have been instructed to turn off the ignition to reset it (you don't even have to let the engine die). This takes care of it for another month or so. If it happens again, soon, they tell me about it then I can dig deeper.

Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  8:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will help you if I can. I haven't had too much trouble lately but i think I still have a flow chart, I'll have to look tomorrow. Post here again if you don't hear from me by Monday.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000