New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  08:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been asked to write up a state pre-trip for our 2013 Thomas C2s (Cummins engine), but I ran into a few questions I thought I'd pose here...

First of all, is the air compressor mounted directly behind (attached to?) the power steering pump, or is it back a bit further?

Where is the water pump on this particular engine located?

And finally, this bus has an air suspension. What are the names of all the components? In particular, I'm looking for what the leaf springs are called (torque leaves?), as well as the bar that's mounted on top of the axle and it looks like it's attached to the frame.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1. air compressor is mounted on the left side of the engine at the flywheel housing and the fuel pump is mounted to that followed by the power steering pump.
2. waterpump is mounted front lower right center of engine behind large cone shaped pully that looks like an idler pulley.
3. we generally call the leaves under the axle and air bags a torque leaf, the rod on top of the axle housing is usually called the transverse rod or transverse torque rod, followed by the shock absorbers and the leveling rod/ valve. the valve is unseen up in the frame rail.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000