Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 EGC info center stays on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jr4wdman

13 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit jr4wdman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It always amazes me how much I see every day and never pay any attention to until the question comes up. Case in point.

I have an IC that will kill the batteries if not run every couple days. After much testing of electrical circuits and components I think the EGC is staying awake and trying to communicate on the J1939.

The information center in the EGC stays lit up all the time. If I open the j1939 to the engine it goes dark and my amp draw drops by 2/3's.

My question, does the information center ever go dark or does it normally stay lit and display odometer info constantly?

Thanks for your help!

slippert
Advanced Member

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  08:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity what yr IC are you working on? Mine up to 2012 will go to sleep a few sec/min's after shutdown... if I plug in the laptop with or without turning on ignition either way it will wake up.. of course if I want to connect to engine or any other ecm's.. key has to be turned on.. I am taking it by what you posted that if you connect to the engine ecm dash goes to sleep?

Mine normally go dark after a set time...to answer your question...

Edited by - slippert on 05/28/2013 08:26:35 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000