Enter Forum: General Interest
 Seating questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  4:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have ordered a new IC CE which will be mainly used for sports and field trips. The past two buses i have used for sports and field trips have had 39" seats. with the isle so narrow and constantly being rubbed by bags and backpacks that the seats get worn on the edges. This new bus has been ordered with 36" seats increasing the isle by 6". My question that i cannot find the answer to online, are the seats the same style as the 39" BTI convertable seats or are they a different make and style? i have emailed Kingmor but have not received a response yet.

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  7:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The base should be the same. They are rated at 2 passengers per seat.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  4:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oooo yeah the kids arent going to like that at all, it will be tight for long trips. If this is a Va. bus your others should have a 36 at the rear door to give you an idea of the size. Keep in mind too that it will be rated less capacity as well. Most likely 44 passenger

"Hardybusman"

Edited by - C.HARDY on 05/22/2013 4:58:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  5:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well i hope the base is not the same. kind of defeats the purpose of a narrower seat if the base is still 39". whats 3 inches among friends? Our rule is only 2 per seat no matter the size or age. most of the trips, each has their own seat. This bus has the outside storage cabinets so on a full load, several bags will be stowed outside freeing up more space.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  2:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah the base will be narrower to match the cushion. I just know our kids would have a fit sitting two to a seat in 36 in. seats. Your fleet is all IC now isnt it? Im pretty sure Ive seen your #6 around town in Richmond on a couple of field trips

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  7:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you saw #6, you saw me. My new IC will be #7. We have 3 IC, soon to be 4. 1 Bluebird and 2 Thomas. A thomas and the BB will be spares starting in August. Our other Thomas is a short bus. Today was our final day of the 12-13 school year. I cannot see the loss of 3" to be a problem with 2 to a seat. Most long trips are 1 to a seat. I realized last night that they will be the high back seats which will not be popular with the younger shorter students, they won't be able to see their friends from a seated position.

Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  11:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont care for the taller seat backs either but thats the new standard. I'm trying to think where I saw that number 6??? Was it at the Seigel Center fro mini economy day? Also I remember seeing at the "We the People" competion a while back and I know Ive met it on the highway a few times..I hope you get good service out of your new bus

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  5:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was me at the We the People but never at the Seigal Center.

Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So to increase the aisle width, the bus will now be what... a 44 or 48 child capacity?

Your other option would have been 3-2 seating, which would result in a much higher passenger capacity and 15" aisle.

Not sure if you've seen the Lion Bus, but it has an 18" aisle with 39" seats, due to the 102" wide body. Might be worth a look at if aisle width is your main issue, and you don't sacrifice passenger capacity.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  5:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I never understood the purpose of 3+2 seating. 05ICCE it could have been somewhere else but I know I've seen you around....lol.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  5:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The capacity will be 51. This is a 77 passenger @ three to a seat according to the industry. Our policy is no more than two per seat. This bus is for a private school, it's primary use will be for sports and field trips, not a route bus. I fill in on routes maybe one or two trips a month. Of our five routes, the highest daily one way occupancy is 28. My reason for the wider isle is to reduce the damage to the seat covers and make it easier for the younger ones struggling with their backpacks.

I never even gave a thought to 3-2 seating. I have flown on planes with this configuration. My goal was the widest isle possible.

I have read everything i could find on the Lion bus. There are many features that i like about it. If there were a dealer in the state I would have strongly considered purchasing one, two buts though, our IC dealer is a team of great people to work with and the nearest Lion dealer according too their website is in Cleveland OH.

quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

So to increase the aisle width, the bus will now be what... a 44 or 48 child capacity?

Your other option would have been 3-2 seating, which would result in a much higher passenger capacity and 15" aisle.

Not sure if you've seen the Lion Bus, but it has an 18" aisle with 39" seats, due to the 102" wide body. Might be worth a look at if aisle width is your main issue, and you don't sacrifice passenger capacity.

Edited by - 05ICCE on 06/08/2013 12:14:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  5:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you saw me in the Richmond area it could have been the Science Museum, VCU, the convention center, Hollywood cemetery, Agecroft Hall. The list could go on, but these are where we frequent the most. Next time you see me, come say hello, and if i see you i will do the same, just tell me the name of your private school.

quote:
Originally posted by C.HARDY

I never understood the purpose of 3+2 seating. 05ICCE it could have been somewhere else but I know I've seen you around....lol.

Edited by - 05ICCE on 06/04/2013 5:47:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  4:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'm all over myself. I want to say the few times I've seen you I was moving but yes I will stop and speak if I see you again. Enjoy your summer!! We finish up today but I work all summer.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'm all over myself. I want to say the few times I've seen you I was moving but yes I will stop and speak if I see you again. Enjoy your summer!! We finish up today but I work all summer.
I work at Blessed Sacrament in Powhatan,,,maybe 2 hr away?

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000