New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  07:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2008 International DT466 w/2007 emissions.

Should a filter cleanliness test through ServiceMaxx run a forced regen regardless of regen state?

Thanks.
9B084394

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  08:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have run the KOER beforehand.

This bus will not run the filter cleanliness test. This bus has an extensive warranty history and the dealer says the filter test will only run is a dash soot light is on. Doesn't sound right to me.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  10:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe this will cause less confusion ...
The VIN you show is a 2009 bus and its not a DT466, its a Maxxforce DT
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  11:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes TY
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  11:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be pretty tough to run a regen on a pre 2007 emission engine :)
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  2:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

Be pretty tough to run a regen on a pre 2007 emission engine :)

LOL Some people have tried
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  08:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In ServiceMaxx, there is an AFT regen field(states regen needed) and a DPF regen field (states regen not needed)

Any clarification?
I cannot run a manual regen and the tailpipe is sooty black.
This bus is AB204736 w/2007 emissions.
Intermittent heavy white/gray smoke while on daily route.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have one of those (07 emission) at dealer, has been in shop more this yr than on road...so far no amount of regen be it passive or DOC/DPF removed and cleaned has helped...Service Max has never told me they needed to be cleaned?... same symptoms you list.. I am waiting to hear back from service, as last I heard Tech central is telling them the DOC is bad and isn't working correctly,,needs replaced, this is after sensors, egr valve,egr coolers, injectors,?,? and a gambit of tests.... I assume "DOC bad" is the last thing on the fault and test page,(mild sarcasm,,sorry)

This smoking problem seems to be coming on as all my 07 emission engine accumulate mileage, I have had issues with the one that is at dealer for close to a yr and a half... still haven't got an answer why.... 2 more of mine are just starting to acquire the same problems as miles creep up.... These are the same engines that have the in cylinder dosing system for regen and at some point yours will probably make oil, mine have... My are just over the five yrs and all around or coming close to the 120,000 to 150,000 mile mark, they started exhibiting symptoms around the 120,000 mark....

Yours may not be the same as mine, but sounds really familiar...mine have gotten very frustrating to say the least,,, I guess I feel lucky I only have 4 of the 07 emission DT's... 1 at dealer, 2 parked till I find out what is wrong with first and as of today 1 still on road..

Edited by - slippert on 05/03/2013 09:42:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  11:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Navistar rep did say that there may be a way to reprogram the computer to allow easier forced regen through servicemaxx.... so as to allow a regen at each service.

I'll let you know what I find out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000