School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 What fueling system do you have? Like it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  06:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're going to update our fuel management system soon. We currently have an old PetroVend with a keypad that's failing and not much component availability. Looking at either just getting an upgraded version of the same, with RFID card reader, or a full-blown automatic system. Have gotten quotes for two new PetroVends (a K800 Hybrid and a PetroLink) a Trak SentryGold, and two Fuelmasters (a 2500 plus ProKee and a AIM 2.4).

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  07:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gasboy series 1000. It's 14 years old and most likely obsolete but it still works fine. Each vehicle has it's own key with a chip embedded so all fueling is recorded.
I like it because it prevents drivers from putting in the wrong fuel. It does not, however, prevent them from putting the fuel in the wrong place!

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 04/18/2013 07:16:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also still use the Gasboy Fleetkey system...Been around a long time. Parts can be slow to get but Gilbarco seems to keep this one running.
Go to Top of Page

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  9:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TRAK. No complaints.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  3:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuelmaster for us. We went live in 1998 and aside from a few lightning strikes, the system has worked excellent for us since then. I like the company and customer service.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are "encouraged" to use Wright Express. I like it so much that I switched to onsite fueling...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000