Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 09 c2 cheek engine light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wocobus

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  05:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit wocobus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
09 c2 cummins isb 6.7l with cheek engine light.
code ecu 128 pid 131
I was told the code is for a egr pressure differential sensor.
i have cleaned the egr valve it was hanging up.
I cleand all ports in the intake manifold and switched the pressure sensor with another bus .vin 4uzabpdu00cz75012
alsow want to know what software is availabel at a low cost

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
467 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  10:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You may want to take this unit to a Cummins shop as it should still be under base warranty. Cummins software is not cheep around $950.00 but some of the generic units may be found for less but you wont have the code info that you will from Cummins.
Go to Top of Page

roger boatwright

2 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  2:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit roger boatwright's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have several of these in my fleet,I have found out that when cleaning you to remove the intake all the way to the intake heater grid,vacuum out and brush all the carbon you possible can get get out,then blow out the intake heater grid area,then test drive 10-15 miles cut bus off restart light will go out if there is not a sensor problem or plugged DPF filter.If the DPF filter is plugged you will have to have it cleaned by a repair center that has a cleaner or replace the filter.
Go to Top of Page

wocobus

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit wocobus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I removed the intake manifold and cleaned the grid heater and after 2 long test drives the light is out .
thangk you for your advice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000