Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Thomas C-2 window latches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

degeliaj

18 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit degeliaj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was getting ready to order 10 sets of window latches for my 08 C-2s when I was told they would be between $37 and $48 for set. Anyone know of cheaper options, or has anyone done any work-arounds

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
3298 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  03:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://commerce1.cera.net/tacbusparts/sections/catalog/catalog.asp?cat_id=1218

Scroll down to the bottom. Just checking that you don't have those $17 type!
Go to Top of Page

degeliaj

18 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  04:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit degeliaj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply, but mine are the ones just above the $17 type. I replaced a few last year but did not mark them so I am not sure if I am replacing the same ones again. I may talk to Thomas and see what the real difference is between the $17 and $47 set.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, the cheaper ones are a totally different latch.

The ones you are needing are expensive, however if you have windows that won't stay up, you need the expensive set. And make sure you don't "save time" and just put in the guts from the new set into the old housings. I have learned the hard way to always change the entire latch assembly. They sell it as a set for a reason.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

degeliaj

18 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  12:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit degeliaj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As usual, that is the way I learn the best, exactly what I did, just replaced slides and springs last time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000