Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 help with these codes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  12:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a bus come in skipping, had 2codes #331 and 333, icp aboveworking range and icp above /below desired level, changed out icp ran down the road ran fine, when i get back to shop starts running bad again, so i run a cylinder contribution test while it's running bad comes up #2,3,4,6 failed test, check injector harness ohm's out good, i don't think it's bad injectors, another tech a month ago replaced harness and #5 injector and i'm kinda stumped now. anybody got suggestions, thanks for the help in advance

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  12:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What year? and what engine?
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  12:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2000 dt466e
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  2:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you change the ICP sensor? If you get an ICP out of range KOEO, the sensor or the harness is at fault. I've replaced several of those over the years, one just last week in an '06 DT.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 03/19/2013 2:10:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBTMech

Did you change the ICP sensor? If you get an ICP out of range KOEO, the sensor or the harness is at fault. I've replaced several of those over the years, one just last week in an '06 DT.

i changed it it ran fine till i got back to the shop, when it started running ruff the codes came back, plus #2,3,4,6 injector failed contribution test
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  2:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBTMech

Changed icp went for test drive ,ran fine till i got back to shop,
started running rough again, so i did cylinder contribution test and #2,3,4,6 failed test and checked injector harness it tested good, and i know i don't have 4 bad injectors or do i. it's got me stumped right now
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  3:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know this has been posted here quite a few times by others and myself, and may not be your problem, but a faulty cam sensor can cause odd running/hickups/skipping....sometimes without throwing a code for sensor...While throwing codes for other engine sensors....and if Engine isn't firing correctly because it doesn't know what position it is in,, cyl contribution test might be invalid..IMO
Sensor is easy to swap out or try one from a different bus, again may not be your problem, but might be worth a look....

Edited by - slippert on 03/19/2013 4:06:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000