Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Injector preferences?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  10:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as the vt365's go chewing thru injectors, is there any preferences into the brand of injectors to use... We've used the factory reman ones from international and also the aftermarket reman brand Alliant injectors... They both seem to be working out fine(so far) just wondering what's been working better with everyone else... Any thoughts?

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  03:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No difference notes and we have tried several types. If you want to do a test on longevity, try using 5w-40 synthethic oil all through the life of the injector and change oil religiously. (Just a theory)
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  05:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
meanmechanic01, these injectors pulse more often to achive desired results for emmissions controls. So, the wear rate is greater.

We have found that any contaminants in the fuel system causes early injector failure. If the oil is not changed more often, the soot in the oil becomes a contaminant in the oil side of the injector. I always look in the bottom of the fuel filter housing after pulling the paper element out. If there is anything in there besides fuel, check the water trap filter as well.

Of course Bassman there has many more running than I do. He knows a lot about them.

By the way, they do make great boat anchors. :)

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  10:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i talked the old man about using 5w40 on the v8's on all of them.. should be interesting to see the flux of driveability issues from bad to good...the guy who services the buses is really stringent so i dont think its an issue of that... then again who knows.. i understand about the injectors and how they fail, its just a bit funny when you wikipedia the vt365 it has its own section of "design flaws" lmao yeah i should of invested in the company who makes the injectors, id be well off...thats for sure! :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000