General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 weather fronts on c2s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ic0730

18 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  07:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit ic0730's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is any one else having problems with the weather fronts staying on? and how many of you actually use them

Edited by - ic0730 on 03/02/2013 07:44:03 AM

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loc-tite the screw/snap fasteners. For some inexplicable reason, Thomas doesn't do that from the factory.

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page

FrankP

51 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  6:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The posts you snap onto vibrate loose over time, yeah. I've lost one and fasten the "bra" to the grill with electrical tape on that corner. I agree with using Loctite on them if you can. I just tighten them up once a week or so. I only keep it on Thanksgiving to Easter anyway, so just a few more weeks to go,

Edited by - FrankP on 03/03/2013 6:29:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

350 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  3:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the twist style work great. I'm not sure what to call them....lol

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Advanced Member

USA
401 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  4:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got them on all of my C2's. I put a small washer and nylon locknut on the backside of all four corners to keep the posts from coming loose. I've found that after a few years the studs start to corrode and the winterfronts don't "snap" on as well, so then it's either replace them or make a slight alteration to the winterfront with a paper hole punch and use zip ties. I liked the system on the FS-65's better!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000