General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Bullying by Boss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheBusLady

3 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  3:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheBusLady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone here get bullied by their boss? Our boss is on our back all the time -- for some reason the boss just constantly is on everyone (well "some" people) she makes fun of people in front of others for asking legitimate questions when they leave the room , she turns things around to be the drivers fault when in all reality it was hers, she is demeaning on the radio, she treats employees like children ....the list goes on and on. We have no one to turn to , no union, and tons of family working there, management seems to not care -- what would you do? Please don't say stand up for yourself!!! I've seen others do it and get fired. A few people said they were going to back this person but didn't... no one wants to loose their job...

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2013 :  2:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're that miserable, take your CDL and go to another district. Certainly there are neighboring schools / contractors that could use drivers. Even if you have to sub to get on full time, sounds like it would be well worth the trouble. Maybe the boss will be happier doing all the work herself instead of having employees to do it.
Go to Top of Page

TheBusLady

3 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheBusLady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes....sounds easy - however neighboring schools are run by the same company. I'd never get away from her. for me to get to another company it would be a 25 mi drive to work ( I live rural) I'd never make enough money to make it worth it.
Honestly - I'm not the one who's miserable -- its obviously her who is miserable and insecure - she must be to act like that!
Go to Top of Page

coolbuskid

51 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had many run-ins with bullying bosses. They blame you for things you didn't do wrong, they take credit for things that go well, and they will stab you in the back just to make a point. It's like going back to junior high, except that keeping your job depends on fending off the bad boss. Even worse, the worthless bosses get paid more to go on their power-trip, and they treat underlings with disdain. I hate these people! So, what can you do about it? Deal only with the problems that prevent you from driving the bus safely.

Acting like a middle-school bully in an office doesn't keep you from driving. Just filter it out or skip irrelevant meetings.

Blaming the drivers for something that she did is annoying, but you can turn it around by calling her out on it. The more people who know that she's lying, the better it is for everyone in the office. Document everything that happens with dates and times, and get a witness for each incident if possible.

If the boss is misusing the radio, that could be something that you could kick upstairs. Document what is being said and why. Don't get agitated and risk your bus. If the radio call is frivolous, just ignore it. Concentrate on your driving.

If you have enough evidence documented, contact your local newspaper and television media outlet to get some exposure for your problems. Then, if the bad boss tries to fire people, she'll be facing a public backlash. Also complain to any schools that contract with this bus company, not just the school on your regular route. Let them know exactly how this boss is affecting the safe and efficient operation of the transportation that they rely on. The most important thing is to keep the facts on your side, and let many people know about it. If the boss is doing something that interferes with your job, you don't have to sit there and take the abuse silently.
Go to Top of Page

TheBusLady

3 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  9:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheBusLady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I document everything! And Thanks for the extra input! I would never jeopordize the safety of my kids or anyone else...my main purpose is a safe ride. Most of the drivers know how she is -- the ones that don't will figure it out soon on their own unfortunately. Its very frustrating to me when people act like 2 yr olds.
My filtering is low...this has been going on for too long...
Again thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000