Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 vt365 dtc 343
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  12:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hoping for alittle help from a garage with no technology!

ive got a 05 vt365. threw an excessive back pressure code 343, 3 seperate random times this morning. Warning light comes on, billows the black smoke and has absolutely no power. The driver told me she shut the bus down, recranked and was good to go for another 30 minutes.

I can not get the code to reset after driving around all morning

Symptoms:

Slight loss of power
Shutters between 1200/1700 rmp and dumps white/blue smoke under accelleration

We are using a kent more scanner, do not have the navistar software

Any help on what I should be looking for to properly diagnose this bus without throwing parts? I am not new to diesels, just working for bus garages with no technology or information to go by

Thanks fellers!

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  06:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sticking EGR valve. Remove EGR valve and check. We have replaced many
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  3:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Egr valves are definitely a good spot to check... also another good one is remove the EBP sensor and tube make sure theres no carbon blocking the tube and or sensor. Also the sensor has a plastic retainer to hold the connector firmly in place, if it wiggles it gives false readings and can cause small problems that only show up once in a while! lastly if the Egr has the bottom port full with carbon it usually means u need injectors. hopefully this helps!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000