Im I going crazy question..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark23290

United States
96 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2000 International (Amtran) 444e this morning while sitting at a light foot on the brake the thing got real loud and rough sounding, Like a hole in the muffler. Put it into neutral and it sounds fine. Or if I rev up the engine it sounds and acts fine...

I do not see any holes or blowouts in the exhaust but have not crawled all the way under just yet..

Tell me have I lost my mind??

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  3:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the waste gate on the turbo opening and closing.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Mark23290

United States
96 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  06:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update:

I'm assuming this is the fuel filter housing (?) Sits on the top of the engine more towards right side if you where looking out the front drivers window.
There is a wiring harness has three wires two in the front and one off to the side. The top wire was corrioded and burnt not even attached. I put a new connector on it and plugged it in (International dealer did not know what I was even talking about). I'm assuming this is causing it to run rough while in gear foot on the brake. It also has a lack of power for a split second while taking off. Anyway I reattached the wire and it still is running rough. Any ideas or can guide me.
This is a 2000 International T444E Engine (3800) series Am Tran bus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000