Read about the Great Fleets Across America
Subscribe

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 CODE 335 HELP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wrench slinger
Active Member

28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  06:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys need some help,i have a 2005 dt466 with a no start probelm
i have a 335 code, i have changed IPR , ICP , with no start still present, checked pressure on high pressure pump, called a friend of mine he said pressure was not high enough, so i changed high pressure pump, still no start, so where do i go from here, i'm out of info here at the shop and can't get on IKNOW, any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance

Bus Tech II
Senior Member

94 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when crnking does the oil pressure guage come up? if not then your looking at the lube oil pump mounted behind the front pulley.
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger
Active Member

28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  10:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bus Tech II

when crnking does the oil pressure guage come up? if not then your looking at the lube oil pump mounted behind the front pulley.


i have oil pressure
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger
Active Member

28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  10:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrench slinger

quote:
Originally posted by Bus Tech II

when crnking does the oil pressure guage come up? if not then your looking at the lube oil pump mounted behind the front pulley.


i have oil pressure




went back and did cyl.contribution test now i don't have a code but still won't crank
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  11:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you taken the valve cover off and cranked and looked for leaks? My guess is you're going to see one.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  11:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DTC 335 - ICP unable to build pressure during cranking

DTC 335 is set after the ECM detects 8 to 10 seconds of engine cranking with less than 3.5 MPa (508 psi) of ICP. Engine cranking speed must be greater than 130 rpm before diagnostic trouble code detection can begin.

Engine cranking time varies with engine temperature.

NOTE:

If DTC becomes active during Relative Compression Test, ignore and clear DTC.



Possible causes for DTC 335 include the following:


Low oil level in crankcase
No lube oil pressure or lube oil delivery (reservoir empty or not filling)
Trapped air in the ICP system (particularly after an injector or high-pressure pump replacement)
Leaks in ICP system
Leaks in BCP system or failed brake shut-off valve
Inoperative or stuck injection pressure regulator
Intermittent IPR valve wiring connection. Inspect engine wiring harness connector and IPR valve terminal for corrosion. Inspect terminal for bent or pushed back pins.
Loose high-pressure hydraulic pump gear
Inoperative high-pressure hydraulic pump

Checks and Tests
Comment

Visual inspection
Verify ICP sensor and IPR wiring is connected. Check for oil leaks. Verify if system has been recently serviced (air entrapment). If ICP system was serviced, vehicle should be operated 20 miles to validate system performance.

Check oil level and pressure.
Inspect engine oil for debris. Verify lube oil pressure and delivery during engine cranking. Verify delivery by collecting oil from lube oil pressure tap. See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Check active and inactive DTCs.
Repair any ICP, CKP, or CMP sensor codes first. See "ICP Sensor" , "CKP Sensor" , and "CMP Sensor" .

Do KOEO Standard Test.
Test will verify IPR valve circuit continuity. See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Do KOER Continuous Monitor Test.
When engine is running, enable test, wiggle wires on ICP sensor, IPR valve, and all pass through connectors. If DTC is set, or engine dies, check codes and inspect wires at connection point.

Do ICP pressure test.
Test will verify if oil is aerated at high idle. See "Performance Diagnostics" - Section 6 .

Test ICP system for leaks.
See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Do IPR Pin-Point Diagnostics.
See "IPR" .

Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger
Active Member

28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  6:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

DTC 335 - ICP unable to build pressure during cranking

DTC 335 is set after the ECM detects 8 to 10 seconds of engine cranking with less than 3.5 MPa (508 psi) of ICP. Engine cranking speed must be greater than 130 rpm before diagnostic trouble code detection can begin.

Engine cranking time varies with engine temperature.

NOTE:

If DTC becomes active during Relative Compression Test, ignore and clear DTC.



Possible causes for DTC 335 include the following:


Low oil level in crankcase
No lube oil pressure or lube oil delivery (reservoir empty or not filling)
Trapped air in the ICP system (particularly after an injector or high-pressure pump replacement)
Leaks in ICP system
Leaks in BCP system or failed brake shut-off valve
Inoperative or stuck injection pressure regulator
Intermittent IPR valve wiring connection. Inspect engine wiring harness connector and IPR valve terminal for corrosion. Inspect terminal for bent or pushed back pins.
Loose high-pressure hydraulic pump gear
Inoperative high-pressure hydraulic pump

Checks and Tests
Comment

Visual inspection
Verify ICP sensor and IPR wiring is connected. Check for oil leaks. Verify if system has been recently serviced (air entrapment). If ICP system was serviced, vehicle should be operated 20 miles to validate system performance.

Check oil level and pressure.
Inspect engine oil for debris. Verify lube oil pressure and delivery during engine cranking. Verify delivery by collecting oil from lube oil pressure tap. See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Check active and inactive DTCs.
Repair any ICP, CKP, or CMP sensor codes first. See "ICP Sensor" , "CKP Sensor" , and "CMP Sensor" .

Do KOEO Standard Test.
Test will verify IPR valve circuit continuity. See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Do KOER Continuous Monitor Test.
When engine is running, enable test, wiggle wires on ICP sensor, IPR valve, and all pass through connectors. If DTC is set, or engine dies, check codes and inspect wires at connection point.

Do ICP pressure test.
Test will verify if oil is aerated at high idle. See "Performance Diagnostics" - Section 6 .

Test ICP system for leaks.
See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" - Section 5 .

Do IPR Pin-Point Diagnostics.
See "IPR" .





I'm gonna pull the valve cover tommorrow, with all the breakdowns and other repairs they pulled me off this job, thanks for the info i had it already.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 


School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000