Enter Forum: Buy, Sell or Browse
 Wayne Wheeled Vehicles RD9000 Prototype For Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  10:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I am extremely interested in restoring this prototype, I don't currently have the time, place, or funds to do so properly. I have come across an opportunity to purchase a bus that would work well for my current situation. Due to this opportunity as well as some other financial obligations, I have chosen to put this one up for sale for $8500. I only wish to sell this bus to someone who can assure me that the bus will remain intact. I do not wish to part this bus out. The engine and transmission are worth near this price, however, you can go find your own 8.3 Cummins and Allison Auto! The bus does run and drive. It recently made a trip from El Paso, TX to Oklahoma City. The tires are old, but they did make the trip. There is a wiring issue, as the right rear turn signals are not working, and the rear running lights are staying on. I have disconnected the batteries to prevent them from running down. There are a few areas on the outside of the bus that will need new sheet metal, and there are a couple areas inside the bus that will need to be replaced. The engine setee does need to be rebuilt. The seats are in various conditions. Pictures can be found on the various threads on schoolbusfleet and schoolbuscentral as well as my photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46991729@N04/

Interested parties can email me at jason.warner@yahoo.com or phone at 405-229-5280. Thank you!

matts4290
Advanced Member

224 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  10:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit matts4290's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what became of this bus? After reading through all the hype and posts, you would think everyone would have jumped on it.

We can't all be conventional!
http://www.youtube.com/user/matts4290
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  11:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have thought about this bus but already have one I need to worry about getting back into shape. The price is a little high I think, but the biggest turn off is the two big holes that were put in the roof for AC units. I realize that is not Jason's fault, but it is hard to make the bus whole again! If he wants to come down in price, I would be willing to talk. I would much rather see someone who has the resources to put into it, to get it. Jared?!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

matts4290
Advanced Member

224 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit matts4290's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I can never have too many buses, but this one is truly special. I have two issues- I dont have the funds to do a restoration that would be necessary and proper, and I am not a wayne fanatic. However, I do believe as an enthusiast, this bus is important and historic; and is a rare part of this industry.
Do we even know if the other two are still in existence?
Realistically, it needs a total refurb like Gary O'brien did and should be preserved in a museum.

We can't all be conventional!
http://www.youtube.com/user/matts4290
Go to Top of Page

busman101

3 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  2:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit busman101's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Matt a friend of mine just bought it and is bring it home today! Hes gonna restore it.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  7:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it! Anyone we know from here???

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are photos, videos, and info on Facebook... Vintage School Bus Archives group.
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  1:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is correct! Colt Phillips bought the bus, and it arrived in Colorado yesterday evening. I was disappointed to see that the hype for this bus had died down. When I purchased the bus, some of the members on this forum were not interested in hashing up old threads. I'm glad to hear that some of you are still interested. It was a fantastic prototype. It is a shame that this particular one spent most of its life in Michigan. I will be keeping in touch with Colt and helping out where I can!
Go to Top of Page

COLT

16 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit COLT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just arrived yesterday afternoon in the RD9000. This bus had a lot going for it, even in today's market. The handling and the turning radius for a 40 foot bus is unsurpassed by anything I have driven except an MCI coach. Soon I will put up a webpage on FB so others can watch the progress of the restoration. Thanks again Jason (RD9000) - great hospitality that really made the trip. I really will enjoy this bus. :)
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  10:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to know the bus is in caring hands!

Please do post the FB link, and make the page public for those of us who don't have FB.

Of course part of me would have liked to have bought it had nobody else offered. However... I'm in college, really don't have the time, money, or skills to give it proper attention. I'm interested in watching your progress with it, though.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  6:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Thomas EF

Good to know the bus is in caring hands!

Please do post the FB link, and make the page public for those of us who don't have FB.

Of course part of me would have liked to have bought it had nobody else offered. However... I'm in college, really don't have the time, money, or skills to give it proper attention. I'm interested in watching your progress with it, though.

I for one was jealous as all hell about this at first. This bus alone was what got me into engineering and design. However I am so thrilled Colt was able to get this bus and give it the proper second (or third) life it deserves rather than getting trashed down in Mexico somewhere. I will be glued to that FB page dedicated to this for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

COLT

16 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  9:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit COLT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy - I now have an exclusive page set up for the RD-9000. I felt it deserved its own place for the exchange of information I need to restore this treasure back to as close to original as possible. I know some of the modifications to the bus will prohibit complete originality, but I will do my best. One nice thing about living in Colorado, is our vehicles rarely rust unless completely abused, so that alone will help the RD stop any further rusting, it is so dry here, usually less than 30% humidity year round. Also, since I'm retired, I don't go out in bad weather anyhow.

Here is the link to the RD-9000 page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/359396314181777/ Thanks everyone for the support. I'm still in shock that the RD is parked proudly in my backyard next to one of my TC RE's.
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  05:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Colt, would you mind making the page public? I have to log in to see it... I don't have an account. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

COLT

16 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  12:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit COLT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thomas EF, Here are some links to keep SBF members a little in tune if they are not on Facebook. The links go to my Photobucket account for the most current RD pics. And I'm also including my You Tube video page, where I will video tape as much as I can of the RD9000. The Facebook page is set to private so member's friends and families are not flooded with our discussions on the RD9000 page, I don't know how to do it so they are happy and could have a public page. So if it is ok on this thread to keep others aware of what I am doing I will be happy to.

I noticed a couple of people on some old threads of the RD9000 actually worked on building the buses, and I would love to hear from them. I think it would great to have this unique prototype documented thoroughly with accurate information while it might still be available. I can be contacted at WayneRD9000@comcast.net - I check this acct. a few times a week.

Photobucket - http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/CPHILLIPS107/library/RD9000%20APRIL-MAY%202013?sort=3&page=1

You Tube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcfwzQlb1_wfoi-Dbf0LP6g

Enjoy - Colt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000