2010 IC problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Big John

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  07:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our two newest IC's, 2012's are both giving us problems. What they do is after running for an hour or so when you go to take off they shake a 6-8 times as if the engine is missing. One of these buses has been in for this issue for two and a half months. Also occasionally on take off the accelerator pedal is dead for a couple seconds.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Our next bus purchase we are looking at Blue Bird propane units, how are those working out for you guys? I have had several ford V-10's in Ford 1 tons, they have been great...actually I wish blue bird would offer this engine a gas not lp. Easily $10K could be cut off the purchase price compared to propane, my 1 tons running 20000# with trailer are getting 6-8mpg. I would think in a bus running 28000# it could still get the 5.5MPG that our MAXXDOWNTIME 466's get.

Big John

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big John

Our two newest IC's, 2012's are both giving us problems. What they do is after running for an hour or so when you go to take off they shake a 6-8 times as if the engine is missing. One of these buses has been in for this issue for two and a half months. Also occasionally on take off the accelerator pedal is dead for a couple seconds.

One of our 12' models is doing the same as you describe, but i'm not sure of a solution or what might be causing it. I just wanted you to know that you were not alone.

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  09:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All of my 2012's are doing same/similar mine seem to be the ones that have the latest motor with twin turbos and electric fuel pumps.... so far nothing found wrong with them at dealer when ck'd there. One is really bad this winter first thing in morning and after fuel up middle of day, almost can't keep it running.. then once it decides to runs great and no issues..
The dead spot in throttle seems to be nature of the beast on mine...

Edited by - slippert on 02/22/2013 09:23:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Big John

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  09:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After this bus being OOS for the last 10 weeks Navistar finally tried a horsepower upgrade (my original suggestion) to see if this helps. So far it seems to be working better...maybe not 100% but a lot better.

Are the buses you guys are having troubles with 205 or 215HP's. This 230HP calibration seems a lot better than the 205 or 215 we had previously.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine are the 215hp, build date of May 2011, CB vin #'s
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000