Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 frieghtliner wobble with new brakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bholman

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  04:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit bholman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of frieghtliners with front end wobble (even with new brakes)while stopping c2's of course

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  04:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they Hyd. Disk or air brake. Hyd disc you did have the rotors turned or replaced. Worped rotors is the most common cause of wobble with brake applacation.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  12:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We run a whole fleet with hydraulic brakes. We totally gave up with having rotors turned. It's faster to just put new rotors on and be done with it, more cost effective also considering the time it takes to load them up and have them shipped off for 3 or 4 days to get turned. And afterwards they would always heat crack. And the fact we are getting 80,000+ miles out of a set of front brakes.

Did you check and lube your guide pins? New calipers?

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  02:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a common problem in our area to wind up with a front end shimmy after replacing front pads with the factory rotors. I believe that it generates a lot of heat to seat the new pads in and causes warpage. Replace them with Performance Friction rotors and you will not have that problem again...even if you replace the pads down the road. Perf Friction rotors are MUCH harder to warp.
Go to Top of Page

ic0730

18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  06:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit ic0730's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so that's why our mechanic calls them freight shakers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000