IC parking brake (juice brakes)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

305 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  06:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to put a pinion seal in my 08 IC and for the life of me I can't remember how I kept the parking brake disengaged on the last one I did?

What is the procedure to keep it off for service?

Again,,,,,many thanks!!!

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  08:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not had to do this yet, but I think you just adjust it out on the drivers side frame rail. Unless there is something easier.
:/

I will be watching this for more info myself. :)

Go to Top of Page

ricky g

46 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  09:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit ricky g's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I start the bus , release parking brake in cab , chock wheels ,get under bus , remove parking brake drum , you may have to back off adjuster if drum has a lip , turn bus off and your good to proceed
Go to Top of Page

beserkur

12 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  1:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit beserkur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we use the scanner and just turn it off in the Wabco program.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  04:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also do it by leaving the key on...park brake released.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  6:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you sure its the pinion seal? I just did one that was claimed to be the pinion but when I got it apart it was the pinion shims leaking. The bearing housings on the Ih's are very thin in several areas and dont seem to be clamping the shim pack well enough. its an easy fix to slide it out a quarter inch and reseal.
As far as removing the brake cable leave the key on and release the parking brake, use gentle pressure to see if the cable adjuster will budge on the sahr can. If it seems like its rusted in slide the boot back and apply a bit of heat to the aluminum shaft and it should break loose. If you snap it off your buying a new sahr can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000