New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After looking over the new literature for the Minotour on the Thomas bus website, I noticed they now offer a rear view back-up camera as an option. Does anyone have one of these in service yet? I’m curious as to how this setup works and where the outside camera is mounted. The picture shows the display mounted on the right side of the rearview mirror (finally, a reason to use this mirror!)

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  3:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly the camera is mounted right below the clearance lights on the bulkhead.
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's correct. It is indeed integrated into the rearview mirror. Comes on when the bus is in reverse.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  03:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really cool. Jay, where is the screen mounted inside the bus? Has OHP been ok with it so far?
Go to Top of Page

esgameofsk8

6 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  6:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit esgameofsk8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea. One day I drove a Thomas Minotour a few weeks back and it's next to impossible to see out the back door/ window when backing. I think it would also help if the rear door had a larger bottom window. It also doesn't help that the backs of the seats block the rear-view mirror. No other type of small bus I can think of has that problem. Nice bus otherwise.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000