Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Enter Forum: Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Hood Prop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rfemia

2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit rfemia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anybody had problems with the hood )on newer International buses) staying up on windy days?
I have had the slam down three times due to wind and no hood prop to lock it up while doing a circle check.
The best response I've gotten is that the design meets or exceeds safty oncerns.
I would like to hear from other drivers concerning this.

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  3:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Broomstick?
Go to Top of Page

rfemia

2 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  03:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit rfemia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A hockey stick was suggested, but if the stick should slip and get injured by the hood the driver would be in the wrong for using an unsafe un authorized method
Go to Top of Page

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you on good terms with the mechanics? Ask one of them if they can "build" some kind of hood prop that will work, and not likely slip. Of course, you'll want to bribe them with coffee and donuts! It's amazing how quickly my problems get fixed when Dunkin' Donuts is involved. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000