freightliner hydraulic brakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  11:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our shop just took over maintenance on a fleet of 3 buses from a neighboring school. I'm working on my first Freightliner/Thomas and have a question about the front brakes. Everything is the same as the juice hydraulics we have on our Internationals, except this bus does not have the anchor plate tie bars on either side of the front axle. They are on the back though. Did somebody simply not put them back in or are they assembled without them? Thanks in advance.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  12:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about the Freightliners but on Internationals the use of the "tie bars" is dependant on caliper piston size, 66mm don't have them but the 73mm do.
On our Internationals the ones with 10,000lb front axles have the tie bars, the ones with 7,500lb axles do not.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 01/30/2013 12:09:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  3:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So basically no tie bar, but the bolt holes are there?

The main company that owns our fleet has a bus like came like that. I don't understand why they would leave it off, but yes I have seen it before.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  03:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the bolt holes are there. In fact, the holes opposite of the slide pins have a very short (1/2 inch or so) bolt in the hole acting as a plug to dirt/dust/whatever else doesn't get to the back side of the slide pin. This actually makes sense now. I often wondered what those very short bolts were for that you get in the hardware kits. I think I know now. Thanks for the replies!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000